Study after study has proven that white tea extends a lot of benefits to the drinker when taken in the right amounts. Compared to black tea and green tea, white tea accords more healthy benefits. This is because it contains substances that are good for the body such as antioxidants and polyphenols. White tea also possesses anti-bacterial properties.
White tea is also not as highly processed as the other two types of teas and it is thus able to retain high phytochemical levels which are easily destroyed during processing. And since the production costs are lower because it requires less fuel, labor and time to be processed, it is cheaper and also more environmentally friendly.
White tea’s health benefits
- Disease prevention – white tea contains antibacterial properties which protect the body from microorganisms and bacteria that can cause infections and diseases. Consumption of white tea also helps protect the skin from the harmful effects of germs and bacteria.
- Reducing risks of cardiovascular disorders – white tea contains flavonoids. These flavonoids have been proven to have the ability to reduce the chances of developing cardiovascular disorders. The flavonoids do this by reducing blood pressure, preventing oxidation and improving endothelial functions.
- Preventing cancer – certain extracts of white tea have been known to encourage cell death and also preventing the growth of new cells in cases of lung cancer. White tea also possesses antimutagenic
- Aging deceleration – damage to the different organs of the body such as the skin is due to the free radicals present in the body. These free radicals are contributing factors in the aging process which brings about other age-related health problems. Polyphenols are present in white tea and these assist in neutralizing and reducing the effectiveness of the free radicals. White tea also possesses antioxidant properties which decrease the risk of aging
- Improving oral health – owing to the fact that white tea contains tannins, flavonoids, and polyphenols, the growth, and proliferation that may cause plaque to form are This leads to better dental health.
- Weight control – research has shown that white tea aids in inhibiting the formation of fat cells in the body. This effectively means that it discourages weight gain while at the same time aiding in weight loss. With white tea, you can once again fit into your favorite leggings!
- Diabetes management – white tea has been found to offer relief to those suffering from diabetes by helping reduce the levels of glucose in the plasma. It also helps reduce excessive thirst as well as aiding in the secretion of insulin.
Consumption of white tea
White tea sold as loose leaves is considered better than the kind that comes in tea bags. This is because processing is likely to have taken away the nutrients that make white tea so beneficial to health. While white tea might be cheaper, it is important to take the right amount. A single cup will not bring as much benefit and at least two cups every day are recommended for maximum gain.